Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Enter the Matrix

Probably the one thing most will agree when referring to Larry and Andy Wachowski's Matrix is that it is a pretty different film from almost anything released before 1999. This blockbuster has a little something for just about every movie watcher out there.

I must admit I am something of a Matrix fan. When the movie first came out it was so innovative and fun to watch, I must have seen it a dozen times. It also caught me at a time when I was pretty into special effects and martial arts; this movie was a very sweet treat for geeks like me. Even today my favorite scenes are the ones containing a heavy dose of visual effects. Scenes like: when the audience first meets Trinity, the Neo and Morpheus fight, the whole sequence of Morpheus being rescued by Neo and Trinity and last but not least, everyone's favorite, the "bullet time effect" scene. These effects, in my opinion, contributed to much of the film's success. The story is also pretty interesting, AI taking over the world and ultimately controlling the human race, why not? If you let your imagination flow, it could be very possible in a few centuries or millenniums. The important thing to state about the plot is that it is not just a crazy, non-basis story. It is not very different from today's reality, you'll only need to substitute a few characters and cut down on the visual effects. Aren't we being told what to think, feel and consume?

For the most part it is definitely a film worth seeing. If you enjoy movie trivia check out this link http://imdb.com/title/tt0133093/trivia

Ex Animo,

Ana.



References
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matrix
The Matrix on Wikipedia







8 comments:

nick said...

I totally agree with you on the matrix. It is a pretty different film from almost anything released before 1999. This movie has something for just about every movie watcher out there especially scifi fans

Angel said...

Yeah it not only made an impact for scifi fans but on other movies as well, by stealing the fighting moves and doing them in slow motion.

siren said...

hey ana i completley agree with u though the matrix is not a conventional film it is way more original than the shit they are producing today.

Brandon said...

I'd just like to know, what does "Ex-Amino" mean?

Skittlez said...

i have to agree. those scenes are indeed exciting.. i love the action... trinity is awesome.. i really love how the directors have her as the only female in the movie who fight as well as the guys...

Usman said...

Well, this is just a movie and I think we should take it like that LOL!! But reality is alot more different then the Matrix. Lets pretend, there is some kind of matrix then that will be much harder and unimaginable then this one. I like this movie but just like other movies.

siren said...

yea woot woot if u take the red pill ur cool. lol im so weird.

(((Hema))) said...

Thanks for the complement about my bunny, I'll tell her how cute you think she is, she likes that lol

Oh, and for some reason reading Trinity's name stood out to me in your article and I started thinking about how much of a great name that is that I'd name my daughter that...(sorry I ramble :)

And that's exactly what's happening, we're being fed opinions, it's insane. People need to learn the difference between understanding and agreeing.