Monday, April 28, 2008

I have been a library rat since I can remember, so needless to say I enjoyed our little trip. I must admit I was not crazy about the Mid-Manhattan Library at first. The first and second floors did not interest me at all. There were a lot of fiction and career related books (which technically I should be interested in, but of course is not the case) all over. I started to get excited when I read the plaque on the wall, indicating 3rd floor was all about art. And there was my “El Dorado”. I felt like a small kid in a candy store; I just simply didn’t know what to look at first. Unfortunately it was time to go to the other building, and I had to leave the third floor behind. So off our group went to meet with the rest of the class. I have always wanted to visit the New York Public Library but never had the opportunity. The thing that attracted me to it is, of course: its architecture. It’s exactly how would I picture the perfect library to be. I was listening to our guide for the first ten minutes, even though I was being immensely distracted by the walls surrounding me; but he lost me once we entered the McGraw Hall. The paintings; the wood; the reading room…it was just all a (amateur) photographer could ask for. I just let myself get lost in all that beauty and started shooting right away. I even literally got lost from the group once we approached the desks. After everyone left Brandon, Zina and I stayed and checked out some pictures hanging by the “photography room”. I also had some time to shoot more pictures. I most definitely want to go back to the “third floor” and look forward to visiting Lincoln Center.

Following is a picture of the Reading Room in NYPL:




5 comments:

C. Jason Smith said...

That is a nice photo of the Reading Room. The light has a real brilliance to it. Nuce work.

C. Jason Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Usman said...

Great Picture

Brandon said...

I would imagine that one must have a keen eye in order to shoot such captivating photos. You've definitely got the gift.

Zinaida's-blog. said...

great photo Girl!!!!!